Sunday, July 31, 2016

The tooth, the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth!

Wednesday I woke up with a swollen face and a toothache.  This large molar has been bothering me off and on for a while.  It would ache a little and by the time I would decide to see a dentist it would stop.  Well this time it didn't ache at all, it just puffed up my whole mouth and face.  Of course, I don't have a dentist in Amarillo.  Or I didn't have a dentist in Amarillo.  I called the dentist recommended by my daughter-in-law.  They got me right in.  Sure enough, it was an abscess.  Lucky for me it was just beginning.  It was decided that the best course of action was to remove it.  I haven't had a tooth pulled in 40+ years!  It had a great big silver cap on it (that shows you how long that had been there, they don't do silver caps anymore).  Since the tooth had the silver cap on it, they put it in a kids tooth keeper thingy and gave it to me.

I thought Ashlynn would find it interesting.  After I saw the thing, I couldn't believe that big ole thing came out of my mouth.  It looked like a horse tooth!  It's huge!
I know I shouldn't have shown it, but really, look at the size of that root! No wonder I am still in pain.
It's Saturday now and this has been my worse day so far.  It is more painful now than before it was removed.  I still have some swelling but my biggest worry is that I might have developed dry socket.  I guess now I will have to find a dentist in Katy.  Because.....
We left Amarillo on Friday and are now residing at Katy Lake RV Resort.

We will be here until.... I guess we decide to be somewhere else.
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!