Monday, January 11, 2016

It's so quiet here, nothing to do but cook

With no grand babies running around playing, it sure is quiet here at home.  We haven't done much, so I think I will tell you about my new kitchen toy I got for Christmas.  I got an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.  I love it.  It's not just a pressure cooker, it is also a rice cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker, and sauté pan.


This thing is wonderful!  All you need is minutes and dinner is done.  I have cooked a pork loin, whole chicken, chicken wings, roast and potatoes , baked potatoes, mashed potatoes and ham.  All were great.  The chicken wings were even frozen and all it took was 15 min. and they were so juicy and tender.  I joined the facebook page for Instant Pot and the posts on there have taught me a lot about what I can do with this pot.  There are some wonderful recipes on here too.  For someone that had just about quit cooking, I have really had fun with this thing.  I even made chili in it.  Everyone posts that the best mac n cheese is made in this pot.  I haven't tried it yet.  You can even make home made yogurt.  That sounds like too much work for me.  Tomorrow I am making unstuffed cabbage rolls in the pot. Yum
I can't  believe all the things people are cooking in this pot.
Everything from boiled eggs.  (They say the shells just fall off)

To CHEESECAKE!

I took these pictures off the FB page.  Even if you don't have or want a pressure cooker; but you like to cook, there are some wonderful recipes on this page.
Well now I guess you see how boring it is around here right now.  All I have to talk about is cooking. LOL  At least I am having fun.  
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!