Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Me sewing!!!! I need to find more things to do!

I got this wild hair and decided to sew a dress for Ashlynn.  Just a dress up dress.  Nothing special.  But you see I haven't sown in over thirty years.  Even then I wasn't known for my abilities to sew.  I was one of those people that when they wear something they have made, people look at it and go.... "oh.... you made yourself something.... wow... good for you.  Well I have picked up right where I left off it appears.

What is wrong with this picture?
Look closely.
Can you see now?  Yep, I sewed the bodice on to the wrong side of the skirt.  See the side seams?  Bummer.  I don't know why the two pictures look two different colors.  They were taken one after the other and in the same room, same lighting and everything.  Anyway, I got it taken off and put back on the right side.  I was adding the yoke to the top when the sewing machine kept breaking the thread.  I don't know what I did wrong to make it do that.  I stopped for the day and will wait till Kaitlyn gets back from her business trip to help me adjust the machine so I can finish.  It's been fun, mistakes and all but I think I remember why I quit sewing years ago.  I don't have the patience to do this.  I want it finished 5 min. after I start.  
We are winding down our trip here.  We leave Aug. 6th for home.  I am not looking forward to going back to the house.  I have adjusted quite well to living and cleaning the much smaller motorhome.  I am not looking forward to having to clean and dust a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house.  Anyone need a house?  I think I might just stay in the motorhome when we get to the "big" house.  It feels more like home to me.
Later


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!