Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Ft. Myers, Fla.

We finally left Sebring, Fla. this morning.  We really enjoyed staying at Tanglewood.  This is a beautiful place and if it was closer to the beach, I would consider living here.  I loved the huge pool and all the amenities that this resort offers.
Our new campsite for the next 3 days.  We are at Woodsmoke Camping Resort. in Ft. Myers.  This is a Good Sam and a Passport America campground.  Using our PA card, we got this site for $25 a night.
Of course getting here involved killing a million love bugs.   Our rv was bad but Jim's was worse!
He said he was clearing the way for us.  I believe it after looking at the front of his rig.
 The pool is right across the street from us.
 This is the view to the right of us.
And to the left.
After getting set up, we sat around discussing what we were going to have for supper.
                                                   
 Doug and Jim discussing supper, I think.
                    Buddy wasn't discussing anything.  He was busy resting after such a long travel day!
Management here suggested we go to Skip One Seafood.  They are known for their fresh local seafood.  I didnt take my camera so I have no pictures but the food was excellent.  I had the grilled grouper, scallops, and shrimp.  It was delicious.  Doug that the fried platter- fried oysters, grouper,  shrimp and crab cake.  He said it was delicious also.  Jim and Libbie both had the grouper.




I am full and tired so off to bed I go.  New adventures are awaiting us tomorrow and I need to be ready for them.
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!