Thursday, May 29, 2014

A day in the sun

Another beautiful day here in Florida.  Low humidity, I think that is what I love the most.  You can actually sit outside (as long as the flies aren't out) with the wind blowing in your face and just enjoy the view.
I walked out on the pier and looked down and thought I saw something move.  Yes I did.  What is it"
 A blue crab feeding on microscopic "whatever".  I could see him scooping whatever it was up with his claws and putting it in his mouth but I couldn't see what it was. All I could see was the water but his mouth was sure moving fast. It was fun watching him run sideways with the waves, scooping and fast as he could.
Doug and Buddy took a walk along the beach and came back with some found treasure.  First they found the orange water pistol.   I foresee a water battle in the future.
                                                  Then they found the horseshoe crab shell.
                                                        Here it is turned right side up.
                                              The underside sure is creepy looking.
It was just a lazy day with nothing really happening around here.  We just spent most of the day outside.  Several of the guys here at the campground go out fishing in those boats I posted yesterday and everyday they come in with lots of fish. That and this barge was all there was to today.
                                                                             Later
Edit:  I changed the name of the shell we found.  We are such land locked people, we don't know a manta ray from a horseshoe crab!  Our son told us.  Mike said,  Mom, a Manta Ray can be bigger than a person and showed us a picture of one.  Nope, its not a Manta Ray.  He laughed at us and showed us a picture of a horseshoe crab.  Yep, that is what it was.  Learn something new everyday.  Already knew I knew nothing about sea creatures.  LOL  This just proved it.

2 comments:

  1. wow.. that manta ray shell looks amazing... oh and "yummmm crab!"

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was neat! It was fun watching the crab too. I don't know if it was eating size or not. We don't catch too many crab in Arkansas. LOL It looked like eating size though. I haven't ever had blue crab. Is that the one that you eat the whole thing? I only know crab legs.... lol

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!