Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Anyone out there???

I was reading the blogs that I follow just now and learned some new information that I thought I would share.  I have been trying to learn to drive the motorhome because: 1. I want to. 2. I think it's a good idea for both us to be able to drive this thing and 3.  Someday I might HAVE to drive it and I need to know how.  Well I do a great job of driving it straight. lol I have no problems backing it up and parking it. I have no problems turning left.  Turning right is a different story.  The last time I drove out of the drive way I thought I had turned the dang thing over because I turned right too sharp and the back wheels went into the ditch (just a little).  I am in there screaming (no one else was in the MH). I guess I thought that would help.  Anyway, I am no good at right turns and now they scare me.  In the blog today from Karen and Al, she mentioned and showed a link for Lazy Days driving course. It is here.
I watched this and some of the other videos that they have on driving your RV and I think this is a very helpful site.  If we are ever close to a Lazy Days, I would really like to take one of their driving courses.  I have been to their site before and have seen a lot of helpful ideas.  Check this site out.  It's neat.  You also might want to check out Travels with Karen and Al.  She has a very good blog. Her blog is listed in blogs I follow on the left.
If you read my blog, please leave a comment.  I would love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. Yup.. it's great for both parties to be able to drive the rig in case of emergency if nothing else.

    I had my own motorhome when I met Steveio.... and one time while we were dating, his father needed his motorhome picked up from service. Who did he ask to drive it? Not Steve... but ME! LOL ... I was so honored!

    Nowadays mostly Steve does the driving and I do the navigating while we go down the road. But often I will load up the rig and meet him at work to get a better start on a weekend jaunt... then he only has to help hook up the Tracker at his work parking lot, change his clothes in the bedroom, and we are ready to roll!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have known that you had an RV and drove before you met Steve! You two were a match made in heaven. I don't know if I ever will be confident enough to go on my own even to just pick Doug up somewhere. But I will learn and be able to drive. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I love your blog and your new puppy too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!