Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Just wanted to touch base

Since we have been home there isn't much to write about.  My daughter-in-law and granddaughter arrived the other day and I have been enjoying their company.  We will load up a U-haul of things that were her mothers and take them back to Amarillo at the end of the week.  She will then fly to Atlanta for a writers convention and we will keep Ashlynn while she is gone. ( Our son works nights.)   So we will be on the road again, but this time we will go by car and U-haul.
Speaking of U-haul, I didn't know it could be so difficult to try and rent one of those.  It seems they don't keep them at the rental stores, you put in your request for what you want and when you want it.  You then give them a credit card and they make a "reservation" for you.  If they have or can get what you wanted they will call you.  Gee, we need a truck by friday! We won't know till hopefully tomorrow if they can get one for us or not.  If they can't, that doesn't leave much time for us to find another one somewhere else! BUMMER!!!  We don't have any other rental places here in town.  Looks like we may have to drive to Little Rock if they don't come through for us.
We also looked at headstones today for her mother.  They make some really pretty ones and I wasn't aware of how great the cost was.  I guess Doug and I need to think about things like that.   We need to make arrangements for our funeral and headstone.  No one wants to do it, but someone has to and I guess it would be better for us to get it all settled than to leave it for the boys to try and figure out what we would have wanted.
You know, getting old sucks!
Later

1 comment:

  1. Hi! You have a really great site! I'm glad to have stumbled upon it! I was wondering if you feature guest postings. Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!