Thursday, June 20, 2013

Arrived at Lazy Lake RV Park in Gulf Shores, Ala.

We left Gulfport, Ms. this morning and headed for Gulf Shores.  Coming into Mobile, Ala. I had to cringe because we ALWAYS get lost in Mobile and miss I-10.  Well guess what, we were already on I-10 so no problems.

We did of course, have to go through the dreaded tunnel.   We made it fine, still have both air conditioners and the roof.  I don't know how many times our old GPS tried to make us go through the old tunnel that has a max. height of 11'6" and we are 12'3".
 If you look real close you can see the USS Alabama. If you haven't toured it, put it on your bucket list.
Here we are crossing Mobile Bay.
This was one of our long travel days.  We had 119 miles to cover today.  Boy I hate these long travel days.  We arrived at our new campsite around 1:00.  This of course called for nap time for the driver.  While he napped, Libbie and I found us a Nail Salon and got a Mani-Pedi.  Next I need to find someone to cut my hair.  without fail, I get my hair cut every 6 weeks.  It popped up yesterday that it was time for a haircut.  I didn't need the reminder. Now I just need to look around and find someone with a cut similar to mine and ask them where they get their hair cut.  No big deal!
Around 6:00 we headed for the Tin Top Restaurant for supper.  The food was excellent but our waiter was horrible.  We didn't leave until 8:00!  If everyone was waiting a long time for their food, I would have just chalked it up to overflow of people.  That was not the case.  People with other waiters that came in way later than we did were served and leaving before we got our food. Would not return for that reason alone.
 As we were leaving, I couldn't help but notice how post card perfect this scene was.  The tree lined road, the white picket fence and the quaint little house.  Could this be Mayberry?
The quality of the picture is not too good, but it was dark by the time we got to the beach.  This is the fishing pier at Gulf State Park. This park has 497 RV sites, yet it was full.  We drove through and it is a very nice park.  The sites are very wide, so you are not on top of your neighbors. It is across from the beach, but the way it is laid out you would never know it was even there.  The RV park is hidden behind trees and swamp land.  I would still drive to the beach.  After walking in that soft sand, I'd be too tired to walk all the way back to the campground.   Just because it's across the street from the gulf, it doesn't necessarily mean "it's across the street from the gulf"! If you want to stay here, book a reservation early and wear walking shoes!
LATER!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like y'all are having lots of fun. I'm ready to retire now.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!