Saturday, April 13, 2013

What a day, what a day, what a day!!!

Well it started out as any normal day.  We got up, early for us, around 8:00.  We closed shop (got the MH ready to roll) and headed down the street to Dennys for breakfast.  We had one of their $4 egg and pancake breakfast plates and I must say it was very good.  Couldn't eat it all.  By 9:30 we were on the road headed to Houston.  We had a very uneventful day until we reached Houston.  The GPS didn't want us to go the way we were told to go by our son.  I tried the, travel via, but that didn't work either.  Mike, our son, told us to just stay on Highway 59 until we got on Interstate 10W.  We were to stay on I-10 until we got to Eldridge Rd.  Well, what can I say.  I was talking on the phone to Mike when I looked up and the GPS was tell me that I-10 was a right and the interstate was splitting so I told Doug to go right!  Well, right was right into old downtown.  Not a very good part of old downtown either.  Of course I realized my mistake as soon as we got off and I saw the words "Main St.".
Believe me it was worse than it looks and it gets even worser.  Yes, worser!!!  We came to a stop light and had to make a right turn.  Well what do we see in front of us. A tunnel!  A very dark, long, tunnel.  Sorry I didn't get a picture for you. I was too busy screaming!  The height says 13'.  Can we get under 13'?  Barely!  I am now on the phone to Mike telling him to get us on his GPS and find us a way out.  I am calling out street names as fast as I can so that he can locate us. He  asks me if we are headed north or south?  What direction?  I tell him that I have no idea what direction I am headed. Am I headed into downtown?   He says, Dont you have a compass?  No!  He then says, Mom, look ahead are there tall buildings in front of you?  No!  Then you must be headed away from downtown now.  Of course his co-workers are listening to this conversation and laughing out loud at the hillbillies that have come to the big city.   Thankfully he figures out where we are and where we need to be.  He leads us around to I-10 again.  We finally find the RV Park. ( Oh, I forgot to tell you that the new RV Park that we were going to stay at made a mistake in their bookings.  It seems they have new software and the person I talked to wasn't trained in it yet and he overbooked.  We had to find another RV Park. )  We are staying at Traders Village RV Park.  It's more concrete than anything else but they do have a very large flea market here every weekend.
 This is the entrance and the only part of the park that has trees and grass.  The people were all friendly in the office but it's more like a carnival than an RV park.  I will take pictures tomorrow of the big flea market.  The thing that caught my eye today was the largest fifth wheel I have ever seen!  It had to be custom made.  I only have one pic right now.  I will get the other side tomorrow.  Please note that there are 5 yes I said 5, slides on this side of the rig!  There are 3 on the other side.  Unbelievable!  I wish I could go in it.
For some reason they didn't have the kitchen slide out.  They didn't even fit on the site!  The truck hangs over about 3 feet! All I can say is WOW!
Glad I survived today!
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!