Thursday, February 28, 2013

Today was my last day to work.

Well, I'm finished, kaput, done, retired.  It was hard to leave my work family today.  They are truly a great bunch to be around.  I will miss them.  But "I'll be back", if only to visit.
I am officially retired but I don't feel any older.  Undoubtedly I am though.  For those of you that have been following me, you know that we rescued a dog around Christmas that turned out to have puppies on Christmas day.  The Humane Society here now has the dog and her pups and has had them fully vetted and just listed Maggie (the mom) on petfinder.com for adoption.  I was just reading about Maggie as they had posted her story.  Well it seems that Doug and I are an "elderly couple".  Hum.. Elderly!!! Funny I don't feel elderly. this had to come out on the day that I retire.  Not a funny coincidence! I think I will have to have a chat with the one that wrote the article.  Elderly!!!  I'm not handling this well, at all.

We have taken the motorhome to the shop to get it ready for our trip.  It's getting an oil, fuel filters, and dryer filter change, in-line fault protector installed, new belts and relays between the batteries checked.  The belts looked like they must have been original.  Guess it's a good thing we had them changed.  The shop is having trouble finding the correct dryer.  I hope this doesn't delay our trip too bad.  We had planned on leaving tomorrow but if they can't find that pretty quick it looks like saturday or maybe even Monday before we get to leave.  I sure hope they find one quick.  I am ready to roll.

I am going to take my "elderly" self to bed.  I guess I need my sleep.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!