Saturday, September 22, 2012

I love this weather!

What a great day it was today.  There wasn't any humidity and there was a cool breeze blowing with temps in the 70's.  Now this is my kind of weather.   We went out and took a look at the damage to the slide out awning.  It has a tear about 8 inches at the bead.  I think that is what they call it.  it's where the cloth slides into the thingy on the motorhome.  I know this is real technical but try to keep up. LOL
We taped it as best as we could.  The canvas is in great shape otherwise.  I hate to have to replace it but I really don't know it can be repaired.  We are going to have an upholsterer take a look at it and see if there is enough width to the material to sew another bead on it.  If not I guess we will have to replace it anyway.  We did finally figure out how to lower the window awning.  We could tell that the slide cover also had a window awning extension but couldn't get it to extend.  A little WD40 does wonders.
     After finishing up with the awning, Doug worked on the lights on the RV cover. It seems that  the switch was bad and had to be replaced.  Mark another one off the list.  Works great now.
     While we were outside of course Doc, the horse,  wanted some attention, mainly, he wanted in the back yard  to eat the greener grass on the other side of the fence.  I got him out, put him on a long line and let him munch away.  Doug brought me out a red solo cup of ice water.  I was taking a drink and heard something behind me.  I looked over my shoulder and Doc was right there.  So close in fact, that in the second it took for me to look up he muzzled  my drink!  His big nose wouldn't fit in the cup so he stuck his tongue in my cup.  So much for a cool drink of water.  I poured the remainder out on the ground and he ate the ice!  Silly horse!  I have the best of both worlds.  I love having a horse in the pasture again, I can brush him, talk to him, give him treats and yet I don't have the  responsibility, the expense, or the  headaches of owning a horse.  LOL  (My next door neighbor owns Doc.)
All in all, it was a GREAT day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!