Sunday, June 3, 2012

A working saturday

Slept in this morning.  It sure felt good too.  Went  outside on the back porch and the neighbors dog came to see me.  I don't know if he really likes me or the treats I give him.  I have been missing my Muffie dog lately and it's been nice to have little Buster jump up in my lap and give me some loving.  I think maybe he knows I needed it.  After giving him a belly rub for about half an hour, he decided it was time to get another treat and head home.  Doug mowed the yard and I went out into the pasture and burned some leaves.  It's been so long since we had a horse in the pasture that we haven't raked the leaves in a few years.  I have too many trees out there now and I wanted to cut a few but that's for another day.

Doug has fired up the grill/smoker and is going to smoke a couple of pork butts tonight.  That hickory already has the back yard smelling good.
He let me open the grill just long enough to take a pic.  They are smelling awfully good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!